I was invited to participate in a promotion for Red Mango’s Frozen Yogurt and SuperBiotics Smoothies, and it’s just in time. New York City –and especially Manhattan, where I live– is mostly tall buildings and concrete and when it’s hot, there’s nowhere for the heat to go. It can be stifling.
So now that summer is upon us, I was happy to indulge in something tasty and cool. Of course, I was hoping it would be tasty. I’m new to Red Mango and, even though I’ve heard good things about it, there’s nothing like trying it for myself.
Here’s what they want you to know:
Red Mango, one of the fastest-growing retailers of all-natural frozen yogurt and fresh fruit smoothies, just launched 22 brand new super-biotic summer smoothies in four lifestyle-centered categories:
- Body Balance: Flavorful and functional yogurt smoothies formulated with beneficial boosts
- All Fruit Harmony: Refreshing dairy-free and soy-free smoothies made only with fruit, juice and ice.
- Twisted Fruits: Smooth and creamy signature yogurt smoothies offered in new and innovative fruit-forward flavors.
- Just Kidd’n: Naturally delicious, snack-sized fruit and yogurt smoothies, blended just for kids.
Red Mango is also introducing a brand new line of smoothie boosts that have been formulated to meet the nutritional and dietary needs of today’s health-conscious consumers who find it increasingly important to embrace a wholesome, well-balanced diet. In addition to the protein, energy, immunity and multivitamin boosts currently available, Red Mango has added four new boosts which have been formulated with natural, wholesome and innovative ingredients:
- Metabolic Fit 360™: A proprietary blend of protein, calcium and African Mango which supports metabolic balance and promotes healthy weight management.
- Dark Chocolate Mate: Finely ground, Brazilian roasted maté and dark chocolate; a delicious, rich, low-calorie flavor which also supplies a nice dose of antioxidants.
- Tropical Hibiscus: Finely ground, premium Nigerian hibiscus blossoms infused with natural pineapple and lychee; a bright and tropical low-calorie flavor and antioxidant boost.
- Green Tea Acai: Finely ground, premium green tea with açai berries, the Amazonian superfruit; a low-calorie antioxidant boost made with the best ingredients.
Here’s what I’d like you to know:
- I really liked them! I had a cup of frozen yogurt and a small (what they call “regular”) Mango Smoothie. My friend, Traci, had the Peanut Butter Smoothie.
- I’m often concerned about hidden calories in this kind of stuff, so I was careful not to overdo it. I chose the Vanilla Bean frozen yogurt and topped it off with sliced almonds. It was yummy and felt indulgent, but not decadent. The frozen yogurt and Mango Smoothie came in at somewhat less than 200 calories each. Traci’s large Peanut Butter Smoothie was around 260 calories, but she said it “was filling, like a meal.” 260 calories for a meal isn’t bad.
- I think I was most impressed with the fresh taste of both.
If you’re interested, Red Mango has a discount offer, July 1-5, 2013: $2 Super Biotic Smoothies! $2 (plus tax) for any regular size (16oz) Super Biotic smoothie all day, every day, in-store. Only the 16oz Super Biotic smoothies are eligible for this offer. No coupon required to redeem! Why not give’em a try?